Wednesday 23 April 2014

Easter Weekend Fun

I hope you all had a great Easter - I worked Saturday & Monday so made sure I enjoyed myself on Sunday.
This meant seeing the family and a chance to wear an outfit I'd been putting together in my head for a while.

I love taking a casual look to the next level with a statement piece, a great pair of shoes or some serious bling, and I think this outift really showcases that.

Jacket - River Island // T-Shirt - River Island // Jeans - ASOS // Heels - River Island
Necklace - Topshop // Watch - Michael Kors
Firstly the oversized blazer, I bought this a few months ago from River Island and I absolutely love it. Always a sucker for anything animal print - I had to purchase immediately! It is really soft and therefore very comfortable and can be styled in so many ways. I like to fold over the sleeves of mine to showoff my arm candy!



Then the jeans! When I saw the ripped look popping up on blogs and maagzines etc, I knew this was another trend that would work really well with my personal style. These beauties I bought from ASOS for only £40. I'd never bought jeans from there before so was curious to see what the fit would be like and the quality but I am seriously impressed. I always wear mine rolled up to show off whatever is on my feet!
However, I actually went to buy another pair yesterday but they don't seem to be on the website anymore - gutted!The rips were not that big when I first wore them, but with every wear they seem to get bigger - I am putting this down to my wintery thighs, when I sit down I can hear the rips reminding me I've got to shed a few lbs!


I've had these shoes for just over a year now, purchased from River Island whilst on a girls trip to Manchester - again I had my eye on them for a while.
They are really comfortable as the sole is really squidgy (!) so I can wear them all day with no bother at all. Amazing!
The gold detailing luxe up the shoe and I am still going for the hardware trend, who doesn't love a buckle or four?!!



The t-shirt is another old purchase from River Island that I had bought to go under some dungarees I'd bought in there too - did anyone else buy into that trend?!!?
Then the necklace - ah the necklace! I have wanted my name in pendant form ever since Carrie Bradshaw had hers in Sex And The City - remember when she loses it in her Dior purse whilst in Paris? And then The Russian buys her that diamond beauty she ends up breaking and leads her to Big? Anyway I digress...
When I spotted some name necklaces hanging in my local Topshop store, I raced towards it like a total magpie and eagerly thumbed through each name thinking 'they won't have Chloe, I know they won't' and then to my utter dismay (and delight of course!) I found my little name at the back!
Happy Chloe!

So what do you think of the outfit? What did you get up to over the Easter weekend?
Here are some photos of my family fun day - enjoy!

My gorgeous Goddaughter Lyla in her pretty tutu with my friend Laura - so much love for this little lady : )

Delicious traditional roast lamb dinner at Mum & Stepdad's house!

These aren't just any Easter chocolates!

Daffodils & Prosecco - the perfect Spring combination

My baby sister Claudia & her pug - Albert (who she thinks is an actual human child!)

Me enjoying some prosecco - again!

For me, spring is all about having flowers in every possible space at home - like these little beauties!
Would love to hear your comments!

Chloe x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Me, Matilda and Winnie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig