Monday 21 April 2014

A Bridal Makeup Lesson at the Bobbi Brown Counter

In January I booked a makeup tutorial at the Bobbi Brown counter in Fenwicks, Canterbury for last week.
I'd always known I wanted to do my own makeup for my wedding, as I feel like I am reasonably good at doing it, I just needed to learn about how to create the best long lasting base, what looks good in photos etc.
I also think that I'd rather spend a few hundred pounds on decent products I can use again, than have someone I don't know come in on the morning of my wedding and maybe not get it right!

The look that I am trying to achieve would be quite glamourous, more attention paid to the eyes than lips, I'd say my eyes (and my hair) are probably my best features so I want to highlight that.
I love Bobbi Brown products and really don't have enough of them! My makeup artist Anna was super friendly and chatty, found out what I was looking for and really got me involved in the choosing of colours etc - which I thought was fab, not some know-it-all MUA doing whatever they like.

First off Anna used an oil cleanser and hydrating tonic on my skin to get rid of any makeup on my skin already. Then I had hydrating eye cream and the vitamin enriched face cream, it was super soft and smelt divine!
Then came the Bisque Correcter - a product I've read rave reviews on so was eager to see what it was like on my skin. It was great to even out my skin, and dark circles or patchy areas.

The foundation Anna used was the shade Warm Beige and advised me that anything with an SPF higher than a 15 is going to really wash me out in my wedding photos!

A light skin powder was then used with a powder brush to hold it all in place!
To add colour back to my face Anna used the Golden Light Bronzer in a 3 shape - from the centre of the forehead round under the eye to highlight the cheek, then over the jaw line (repeat on each side!)






The blusher Anna used on the apples of my cheeks was called Pink Sugar - it had shimmer in it which I prefer, I don't like to look too matte. To just add a further flush of colour, she added Pale Pink to make my cheeks really pop!

Now my favourite part - my EYES!
To cover the entire eye, the Long Wear Cream shadow in Shore was used as a base - this would also be perfect just as an eyeshadow on its own. Then Bone Eye Shadow was used to cover the lid, with Rich Brown on the lower lid and Smokey Quartz dabbed on with a fingertip.




Anna then used the Black Ink Gel Liner on the upper lids to bring extra glam to my eyes! This looked so easy to apply with the Eye Liner Brush, and that has been a real issue for me in the past - trying to get the right liquid liner is such a pain!
Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara was used to give me long lushious lashes!
Sable Eyeshadow was used to fill in my brows to frame my face.

And finally for my lips, I usually just wear a clear or pale pink glass, but Anna explained that opting for something darker will make them stand out a bit more in my photos - however, Bobbi Brown's mantra  is that you should pick a colour close to your natural lip shade for the best look.
This is a rule I think that really works and Anna told me it also applies to blushers too!
Bikini Pink lipstick was used with a dash of Bright Pink gloss over the top for extra shine!




So what do you think? I love the eyeshadow colours and think they work really well with green eyes - my eyes seem to really stand out! It was also unbelievable how long it all lasted - it was applied at 11:30 and looked super fresh come 8pm that night - so I have huge confidence in these products.


Above is the summary sheet of all the products Anna used in my tutorial and I honestly wanted to buy them all!

Here I am after a few hours wear, out in the natural light to really see what it looked like - I love it!
You can buy all Bobbi Brown products here.

Are you a fan of Bobbi Brown? Or what are your go-to beauty brands? I'd love to know!

Chloe x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Me, Matilda and Winnie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig