Monday 8 January 2018

Winnie's Nursery

With Matilda, her nursery was ready months before her arrival. But, in the run up to Winnie being born, we had to prioritise which rooms needed renovating. This meant us getting a new kitchen and upstairs bathroom. Also, Winnie was going to be in with us for the first 6 months so we weren't in a hurry to get her room sorted. (She is still with us now, at 7.5 months old and will be until her room is finished).

Our box room, which used to be my dressing room, will become the second nursery and I wanted to share my plans for this room.


We have bought this wallpaper from Great Little Trading Company. The room is small and could really do with being replastered, but this is out of budget so I was looking for something subtle that wouldn't overpower the space. This is actually quite a brave choice for me as I would usually just go for grey & white, my husband hates how bland my interiors taste is! It'll be fun to experiment with a (small) bit of colour.

picture: pinterest

We are having to be very savvy around what furniture we put in the room, we definitely couldn't have the cot, a wardrobe and a changer/dresser in there. It just wouldn't all fit. So I have sacrificed having a wardrobe for creating something similar in the picture above. One of my favourite Mum bloggers, Ainsley from Life With Oaks and Olive had created something similar for her daughter's room soIi took inspiration from this and ordered a 'grundtal' rail from Ikea for £4! The idea is, to screw this to the underside of a shelf to create a hanging wardrobe. Beneath this we already have some existing boxing-in which covers the ceiling slant of the stairs (I really hope that makes sense!) so I've ordered lots of storage from Ikea that is already on top of this. 

picture: pinterest


I am going to order some of these Ikea spice racks to home Winnie's books and make them look all pretty. I'll probably paint them a pale pastel colour like in the picture, to add a bit more fun to the room.

picture: pinterest

I love the this shelf! I want to get something similar to go above Winnie's changer. I'll probably put little storage boxes inside to house the baby essentials, to keep it looking neat and tidy. Even though the existing changer we have (currently in Matilda's room) is a really decent size with a large cupboard, the reality is, I will probably have to store clothes in there too because the hanging wardrobe may not fit all of her clothes! I can also hang some of her pretty dresses from the hooks - cute!
The Great Little Trading Company have one pretty much exactly the same for £63 online here which is currently reduced in their sale. 

I haven't bought many decorative bits, well actually I've only bought one! And it was this gorgeous hanging ice cream garland, handmade by my friend Sarah. 


I think I'll have this taped to the wall with washitape, possibly up above the cot.
Isn't it so pretty? Sarah is so talented, I've linked her facebook page here so you can check out her work.

Here are some other pictures I've saved on my pinterest board - you can follow me by clicking here.




Our existing nursery furniture was from John Lewis, here is the 'Anna' cot which is still available.

We plan to make a start on this room within the next few weeks, and I will post an update when this happens. I'm really excited for her to have her own space, but sad at the thought she won't be sleeping next to me soon!

Thanks for reading,

Chloe x
































































SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I absolutely LOVE your wallpaper choice for Winnie’s nursery! It’s so cute and girly! Very innotive ways of utilise the space you have, too. Can’t wait for the post to see the nursery when it’s done!

    ReplyDelete

© Me, Matilda and Winnie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig