Thursday 12 May 2016

Matilda's 1st Birthday

Growing up, I was always told that as an adult time goes too fast. Now I'm a Mum, I am learning first hand just how quickly the months go.

On 7th April our little Matilda turned 1. That has to be the quickest year of my life! I thought I'd share with you how we celebrated.






























For her actual birthday on the Thursday, we had lots of family visiting throughout the day, giving their gifts and eating lots of cake. We popped out for lunch to a restaurant near to us, The Ferry House Inn, which was lovely and Matilda was as good as gold.































Matilda's dress was a gift from her Auntie Courtenay, it's by Stella McCartney Kids purchased on Alex and Alexa. This online boutique has a great choice of brands and you can get some amazing bargains during their sales so definitely check it out.

The following day, Andrew and I wanted to take Matilda out to a soft play centre so she could let loose and go wild! We went to a place called Monkey Bizz in Rochester and it was so busy due to Easter Holidays, so I think Matilda felt a bit overwhelmed! Next time we will go when it isn't so busy I think.

On Saturday it was party day! Now before I became a Mum, I was always the one that said really little children didn't need big parties for their birthdays as they wouldn't remember it blah blah blah! Now I am so obsessed with my baby she gets absolutely everything! So we held a bash at a cute hall 5 minutes from where we live, we hired in some soft play for all the children, laid on a buffet and got a gorgeous Beatrix Potter themed cake made by the same lady that made our wedding cake and my baby shower cake.

Isn't this cake just amazing? All the guests commented on it!
























As I was aiming for a 'Spring' theme, my sister Claudia picked up this carrot bunting reduced in Paperchase, I bought some pretty tulips, gerbera daisies, alstromeria and gypsophila from our local Morrisons to decorate the table with and strung up random paper pom poms all around the hall.

























Matilda's outfit required a lot of planning, I wanted her to look amazing for her party, obviously. Her dress was Mamas and Papas from their collaboration with Liberty London. I instantly fell in love with the pretty peacock print on the top and the gorgeous tulle skirt. I managed to snag it when it dropped to 20% off during a flash sale, it is back up to full price at £44 but is still online currently to buy here in all sizes. I got so many comments on how beautiful it was.



Party feet! These gorgeous Sophia Webster Mini Bibi Butterfly shoes were a gift from her Auntie Claudia at Christmas, and now finally fit her feet! You can take a look at the mini collection by Sophia Webster here, I want them all for Matilda, Sophia makes some stunning, unique shoes. A pair for myself too wouldn't be so bad either!

I also thought our princess needed some sort of head accessory and I found a wonderful seller through Etsy that makes gorgeous glitter party crowns. It went perfectly with Matilda's dress, although she didn't keep it on for long - I really struggle to get hats and hair accessories on her!

Photo taken from A Royal Fit on Etsy

The party was a huge success, everyone said how much they enjoyed themselves and they were so generous with their gifts for Matilda, I couldn't possibly list everything she got. 

I have to admit I was a little sad when it all came to an end! It was such a perfect couple of days spent with so many special people and what is wonderful about having a child, is seeing just how loved and special Matilda is to them. 

Here is our princess having lots of fun on the soft play!






































Thanks for reading,

Chloe x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Me, Matilda and Winnie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig