Wednesday 25 February 2015

My Baby Shower

I thought I'd do a lovely post on the baby shower my Mum and two sisters threw for me a few weeks ago.
It was such a beautiful afternoon filled with all of my favourite people and foods!

We had picked Witherden's Hall in Wingham as the venue - a gorgeous converted barn set in beautiful Kent countryside. Take a look at the venue here: http://www.witherdenshall.co.uk/

Obviously my outift took a lot of planning, even though it was so simple, I wanted something that was comfortable and flattering for my 7 month bump!


The dress I wore was from ASOS for £35 - total bargain.
I teamed it with some black heeled boots also from ASOS but these have since sold out, but find some similar styles here.



The food was Marks and Spencer to save my Mum the boring job of cutting sandwich crusts - you can order party food platters from their amazing selection online and it was totally delish. Everyone commented on the standard of the food, so this way of providing food for your party is definitely recommended!
I particularly enjoyed the mini fruit tarts and the beef & horseradish sandwiches!


My beautiful baby shower cake was made by the same lovely lady that made our wedding cake. My Mum found some pictures on Pinterest, sent them over, and voila! One layer was chocolate, the other Victoria sponge and both tasted divine.

I unfortunately couldn't enjoy the champagne, so sipped on elderflower Presse instead - very glamorous!

The afternoon consisted of a 'Who Knows Mum Best' quiz - some of the questions I couldn't even answer myself! We also had to pin the dummy on the baby - needless to say, I pinned the dummy to baby's eyeball!
There was also 'Sniff the Whiff' - a game with 5 soiled nappies and we had to guess what the smells were!

Everyone really enjoyed the afternoon and have totally spoiled Baby S with some amazing gifts.




My sisters & I.




All the girls left with a slice of cake and a popcorn cup to enjoy that evening - I am so grateful to everyone for coming and for the gorgeous gifts.

Chloe x








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Me, Matilda and Winnie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig