Friday 8 December 2017

November Favourites

OK guys, a week into December already (WTF!) and I'm doing my favourites again. I've got some beauty, homeware & motherhood bits. Oh and two instagram accounts that I've loved in the last month.


I'll start with homeware. The Jo Malone dupe candles by Aldi. My sister Courtenay picked this Blackberry and Bay one up for me weeks ago, it was £3.99 - so cheap! It has burnt quite well, and I am impressed by how much scent fills the room. I find after a while (I'm talking a good few hours here) the smell starts to annoy me a bit, it becomes more herb like than fruity but that is just personal preference. For the price, it is fantastic! If you've not already seen the collection, there is also a Lime, Basil & Mandarin one and Pomegranate Noir - just like Jo Malone.




Next is my beauty favourites and it is two lip colours that I've been reaching for constantly over the past month, The Younique Matte Liquid Lipstick in Stellar, and the Younique Lipstain in sultry.

Stellar

Sultry

Now I am terrible at applying lipsticks, so apologies for the rubbish applications above but I wanted to show the colours on. Both are great for this time of year, ideal Winter colours and go with loads of outfits too! 


Now you all know I am a lover of fake tan. For most people, it is a summer essential. For me, it is even more essential in Winter! My skin is so drab and pasty, I need a bit of colour. I've raved about the Bondi Sands dry oil before on Instagram but just to recap - it dries instantly, smells divine and gives a gorgeous natural colour. Fantastic.


Motherhood wise, it is this wonderful book. Matilda received this for her birthday in April and even though we read it once or twice around then, she was more interested in other books (we always let her choose what she wants to read) but she has recently become obsessed with this book and I can see why. The story is about a little girl trying to find her name, she goes on adventure meeting creatures and animals that start with the letters in the child's name. So for example, M is for Mermaid, A is for Aardvark and so on. It is perfectly whimsical and wonderful and I just adore the fact it is personalised. It makes a fantastic gift for Christmas!


Also motherhood/Christmas related is the beautiful handmade garland my friend Sarah made for us.


How stunning! It is all handstitched and then personalised with my daughters names. I absolutely love it and you can find Sarah's work on her Instagram page here.

Finally it is two of my favourite instagram accounts that I've been obsessed with this month.

Jess @ thelayoverlife_ for her stunning travel pictures (I love a travel based account) She also blogs and Youtubes too.

Emma @ emmahill is one of my fave fashion accounts and has been for ages. I love her style, basic but with high end accessories and her instastories are hilarious. Emma youtubes as well and her vlogs are brilliant so go and take a look.

Hope you enjoyed this post, leave me a comment below with the things you've been loving and if there is anything you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks for reading,

Chloe x





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Me, Matilda and Winnie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig